Sunday, December 6, 2009

#4 Dressing Your Children Like Grandparents

Have you ever experianced the awkward sitution when an older adult tries to have you guess their age? The question is usualy posed "How old do YOU think I am?" To eliminate the chance of guessing too old and possibly offending or insulting said older adult, you choose to lowball the age as to offer the most seemingly sincere compliment the universe has ever heard since someone told Michael Jackson his nose looked realistic. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would feel this same awkwardness when trying to guess a Korean childs age. This photo does this fashion trend no justice, one time I witnessed a 2 year old in a bow tie, black and white striped socks, Mr. Rodgers cardigan, sperry shoes and salmon colored chinos. It seems almost like a child is a type of fashion accesory rather then a little person who will at one point during the day spill food on their Burberry coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment