Monday, May 17, 2010

#6 Animal Hats


I would like to take a moment to apologize for my several month long sabatical from this blog. After complaints from my 3 groupies back in Michigan I felt it was time for a quick Soggy Waffle update. Since we are making our way into the summer months, I really feel a deep burning passion to share with you one last winter trend. Very popular among infants and toddlers 'round the world, but catering to a greater niche market here in Korea I give you the furry animal hat. As far as my take on this fashion flop, it does serve a very functional purpose of warmth, but...so do many other winter hats. Why wear a beanie when you can wear a cow, bear, duck or pig? This fits into the very feminized culture, where the men can carry purses and dress pants can be tighter then spandex, and there is a desire to wear furry animals on their head. I will be looking forward to beach season which starts promptly on June 1st. Perhaps there will be fluffy animal speedos...cross your fingers.

2 comments: